What does RCS offer me as a parent?
- Small class sizes
- Students are placed according to current knowledge base.
- Tutoring services available after school; cost covered in tuition.
- Teachers who KNOW their subject material…and CARE that your scholar learns the topic, not just “memorizes and repeats facts.”
- Ruby Christian prides itself on preparing your scholar not just for college but also for the workplace, providing them with their own personal “office.”
- Scholars are also taught to be self-motivated through the setting of goals that must be reached to receive rewards.
What does RCS offer my scholar?
- He / she gets to work at his / her own pace, no pressure to keep up with the fastest scholar or have to stop and wait for others to catch up.
- Educational field trips and Fun Fridays! Fun Fridays include lunches out at local restaurants, sock hops, hat days pajama days.. just fun ways to kickback and relax after a full week of meeting your PACE goals at school!
- Technology is a plus here at RCS – we have a microscope, 2 tablet PCs, a netbook, a laptop, and a slate PC. Here you’ll be able to learn website design, video editing, photography, music, art, and drama! During down time you can also make use of the games in our break room!
- A.C.E. Convention: One of the most enjoyable weeks of the year, scholars from all over the region come together to show their super projects & talents.
- You can also take private voice and piano lessons after school from Headmaster Phillips…he has been a professional in both areas for 30 years! If you prefer, take knitting or sewing from Mrs. Sonya!
- Plus, the friendships you’ll form here are those meant to last a lifetime!
What sort of discipline system does RCS follow?
The RCS faculty does not paddle scholars. We work on a reward / demerit system only.
Will a scholar who is Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, etc. feel comfortable at RCS?
Yes! We accept scholars of all faiths here, and bullying of any type is not accepted. As a parent though, you must be comfortable with the fact that your scholar will hear Jesus Christ's teachings preached; they will also hear that we believe Him to be the Son of God and the Savior of the world.
Can my scholar stay at RCS after 8th grade?
Yes! Though we focus on grades 4 - 8, scholars who wish to may stay and earn their high school diploma here at RCS.
Do colleges accept scholars who graduate from the A.C.E. program?
Yes! About 1300 colleges and universities in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and fourteen countries have accepted graduates of the ACE curriculum. Please feel free to ask to see the list while at RCS. You may also request a copy from A.C.E. Ministries.